Environmental Policy Statement
Claret Civil Engineering Ltd, in carrying out our operations, is committed to leading the industry in minimising the impact of our activities upon the environment. The company recognises that effective management and the allocation of the correct resources for our environment makes excellent business sense and will be fundamental and an integral part of our business strategy.
To ensure that we achieve these standards, procedures will be implemented to include the following:
- Awareness of how our activities impact upon the environment and minimisation of the adverse effects by employing suitable techniques, not entailing excessive cost, through a policy of improvement within the workplace, control of pollution, carbon footprint and care for the local environment.
- Meet or exceed all the environmental legislation that relates to the company and possible influence on future legislation.
- Conserving the use of resources, particularly those which are scarce or non-renewable, including the following:
- To avoid waste and encourage conservation, reduce, re-use and recycling, e.g. chipping, composting and waste disposal management etc.
- To preserve, restore and enhance the built and natural heritage.
- To encourage the sustainable use of land-based resources and certified timber and wood products.
- To reduce air, land and water pollution.
- Sensitivity to the environmental concerns of our neighbours and the communities through which we operate and respond to them.
- Adopting environmental objectives to continually improve our environmental performance and monitor progress in their achievement.
- Actively promote an environmental initiative both internally and amongst our customers and suppliers.
- Communicating this policy to our staff, suppliers, customers, members of the public and seeking their support in its implementation.
This policy will be reviewed on an annual basis or as required by changes of legislation, new work practices or procedures.
A R Gibbons
24th March 2021
Click on the document below to open and download our current Environmental Policy